14436 120th LN NE, Kirkland WA * 425.894.3535 * charmstrong.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Direction, UX Specialist : 12+ years of experience in design for interactive software and user experience. 3 years managing design projects and guiding user experience for internationally recognized brands. Passionate about pushing the limits of technology using the power of good design for mobile, gaming, retail, home, and vehicle. Excellence in collaboration with clients including presentation, scheduling, production, and iteration.
UIEvolution – Kirkland, WA : 2006-2011
Creative Director, UX Specialist
Designed and collaborated with clients on a catalog of successful mobile software products. Lead a team of designers to create high-quality user experiences across all platforms, including mobile, automotive, web, and set-top.
- Provided art direction for clients such as Disney, Fox Sports, AT&T, Samsung, and Virgin Mobile.
- Developed novel techniques toward design efficiency for different screen sizes and hardware interfaces.
- Implemented a design process for the UIEvolution design group to follow. By combining sketches, comps, wireframes, flow diagrams, and production art, product vision is realized.
Nintendo Software Technology – Redmond, WA : 2005
User Interface Designer
Designed and built “heads up display” and menu elements for the Nintendo Wii title, Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
- Created a series of interface concept options with minimal art direction.
- Built production quality interface art for use in Nintendo proprietary menu tool.
- Developed menu concepts that helped drive overall art style of the project.
WildTangent, Inc. – Redmond, WA : 1998-2005
3D Artist / Product Designer
As one of WildTangent’s founding visual designers, contributed creative leadership on numerous interactive and digital entertainment projects. Created 3D models, textures, and animations for game titles. Served as premier user interface designer for games, delivery software, mapping, and media library products.
- Designed the user interface for the hit game, Polar Golfer.
- Lead artist and game designer for the top-selling title Crystal Maze, along with puzzle games Blasterball, and GemMaster.
- Designed prototype of a special edition Xbox Media Player for Microsoft.
- Designed browser interface for MapStream 3D mapping product.
- Developed 3D characters, environments, props, and user interfaces for games in a multitude of genres.
Human Interface Technology Lab – Seattle, WA : 1997-1998
Built prototype and collaborated in the design of a motion platform for the navigation of virtual worlds. This product, hand-constructed from fiberglass and wood, equated the process of walking in virtual space to the shifting of the user’s body weight.
Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere
3D Studio Max
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Industrial Design,
University of Washington, 1998
Excellent references available upon request